Monday, November 7, 2011

Anticipation for the weekend!

4 Nov 2011

Even though today wasn't any longer than a typical school day, it seemed to go on forever. Part of this feeling stemmed from my excitement for this weekend's trip. The other source for today feeling like an eternity was the fact that I know that I'm going to have to wake up at 3 AM tomorrow morning for said trip. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited about this trip because it's been on my "to do list" since the first time I visited Spain. I just would have rather taken a bus a little earlier in this evening.

I am a little (just a teensy bit) sad to be missing Alicante for this weekend in particular. The Volvo Ocean Race is set to start tomorrow, and Alicante is the opening port city. This year's course is approximately 44,739 miles--covering some of the world's most dangerous waters. Teams from all over the world compete in this race. Each team has 11 people--all of whom are professional sailors (two have to have medical training!). You really have to be a professional because these are really extreme conditions. In order to compete, you sometimes have to sail 20 days straight until you reach the next port city.

While it would be fun to see the start of the race, I'm glad to be heading to Granada! This is my 3rd time in Spain, and it's about time that I get the chance to visit this city!

No comments:

Post a Comment