Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Unsupervised Fun

11 March 2012


The Magdalena continued today with the Romería de las cañas. This is a pilgrimage that is made from the center of the current city to the old site of the city at the shrine/chapel of the Magdalena. Once there, people pray and a monumental paella is served for all.


We elected not to join the pilgrimage--since it started so early. However, I'm sad we missed out on an epic paella that might have been well worth it! 


Instead, we went to the beach for lunch. It's been interesting for me to see how the colors of the sea change depending on where along the coast you are. The water in Castellón is much greener than the sea water in Alicante. Having grown up in the Midwest on the prairie, the subtleties of the changing colors of the sea is something I've had little experience with. However, I'm glad to have the opportunity to appreciate this every day during my commute to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment