Friday, March 2, 2012

Bucket List

16 February 2012

Incidentally, I'm going to be a little bit of what my kids call a copiadora (copy cat). However, I'm going to repeat what I say to them when they cry that someone has copied them... It just means that you had a really good idea!

So to the Fulbrighter who already wrote her "Spanish Bucket List," thanks for sharing the idea! I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want to do before I leave Spain, but I hadn't thought of writing about it in this form in my blog. 

So here it is! Everything I'm hoping to accomplish before I leave Spain!
  1. Perfect an authentic paella recipe. I've already tried making paella twice, but it isn't quite like what you can get in the campo. 
  2. Learn to make some Spanish tapas. I'm working on a couple recipes, but I'd like to learn more!
  3. Visit a city in each of Spain's 17 Autonomous Communities. I've visited maybe half. This year I've added País Vasco, Valencia, Castilla-Leon, Aragón, Catalunya, Murcia.
  4. Make sure the kids learn the difference between the United States and England. I'm still hoping that on the last day no one is asking me about England
  5. Celebrate Fallas or Hogueras. These are two traditional celebrations in the Community of Valencia. They involve burning stuff so it's a must-see
  6. Go snorkeling. Apparently, there is a place to do it nearby.
  7. Visit Morocco. When the Ryanair flights come back, I'd love to visit Morocco! 
  8. See as much of Europe as possible--with Greece (and Crete), and Italy as priorities! I'm going to Poland, Austria, Germany, Scotland, and the Czech Republic (and maybe Switzerland) in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment