Saturday, March 3, 2012

Altea

19 February 2012
 After spending all day yesterday in Alicante, I wanted to show my visitor another perspective on what Alicante (as a province) is like. We went to my favorite little coastal town--Altea.


I went to Altea at the end of December and absolutely loved it. It's a charming town on the beach with a beautiful blue-domed cathedral!

Since I've already been here before, we took a different route walking up the hill to see the cathedral. We walked through small windy streets until we reach the top!

Even though it was Sunday (miracle of miracles) the tile shop was open! I decided to buy a tile that I had debated buying the last time we were in Altea. It has Altea's blue-domed cathedral in the background, and in the foreground there is a scene of a street similar to the one to the left (minus the cars).

 Later, since we missed the tram by two minutes, we decided to walk along the port--which I hadn't had the chance to see on my previous visit to Altea.


No comments:

Post a Comment