Saturday, December 17, 2011

Recovering...

8 Dec 2011

Instead of leaving for Barcelona today like I'd planned, I decided to take it easy in Alicante to make sure I am completely over my stomach bug.

In the afternoon, I met up with a friend to pasear. We decided to check out the ice rink that has been constructed by the town hall.

Let me first say--it's ridiculous to make an ice rink in such a warm place. It just doesn't make any sense, and I bet it's costing the government A LOT to keep the ice cool enough--since the temps are still in the lower 60s. And we're in crisis.

Second, this isn't really proper ice. I would know because my college would flood our quad to make two ice rinks. They were regularly Zamboni-ed to keep the ice smooth.

The ice rink in front of town hall can't keep up with cooling the rink. As a result, the ice is all rutted, and it almost looks like there is a layer of snow covering the ice.

However, it is nice for Spanish kids to get the chance to skate since it never gets anywhere near cold enough here for it to snow or have water freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment