Monday, September 26, 2011

Secrets of the Teacher's Lounge...

23 Sept 2011

As a kid, I always wondered what teacher's talked about in the teacher's lounge. As a classroom tutor the last four years, I never had the opportunity to discover what it is that teachers talk about.
I can't reveal ALL the topics that teachers talk about in the teacher's lounge, but I can say that travel advice and good-natured teasing were shared today. One of the teachers asked me what I've visited so far in Alicante. I had to admit that mostly I've been to the beach and shopping. At which point, all the teachers wanted to give me all sorts of suggestions of places that I need to visit while I'm in Alicante. Of course, the castle and the Archeological Museum made the list. However, one teacher told me that I needed to visit a particular town. Another teacher interjected that you can't reach that town by train and that I would need a car. The teacher joked that I just needed a Spanish boyfriend with a car and I could go. Then, the teacher added that having a Spanish boyfriend would also help me improve my Spanish...
Tomorrow, I'm planning on taking a trip to the city of Valencia. A couple of the Fulbrighters in Valencia have invited us to go with them to the Ciudad de las artes y las ciencias (The City of Arts and Sciences). I don't know much about this place--other than it includes a number of museums complexes. In order to get to Valencia by 10 AM, we'll have to take the 7:21 AM train...

No comments:

Post a Comment