Friday, June 8, 2012

Bucket list: Learn to make a good paella... Check!

20 May 2012

Today, I had yet another opportunity to cross an item off my bucket list. Since I'm living in the Community of Valencia--home of paella--I've been wanting to learn how to make a good paella. Especially since there will be a dearth of paella when I get back to the States.

When I mentioned my desire to learn how to make a paella a couple of weeks ago, my language exchange partner told me that his mother would probably be willing to teach me.

So today we went out to the country so I could learn how to make a paella! It's a time consuming process and you have to have a lot of patience. However, it's definitely worth it!

I can't share the secrets of all that I learned. I'm hoping that with some practice I can make a paella that tastes like the one we ate today!

No comments:

Post a Comment