Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Alicia en el país de las maravillas

26 May 2012

I forgot to mention that yesterday my students performed the end of the year play! They performed an abridged version of Alicia en el país de las maravillas  (Alice in Wonderland). It was really quite amazing! I didn't realize how many of my students were little actors/actresses in the making!

One of the moms (or an after school theater teacher?) introduced the play in her role as a fairy, but the kids carried the rest of the show.

At the beginning of the play, some of the younger students--who played the flowers and cards--came on stage, danced, and sang a little about their role in the play. They looked so excited to be on stage in front of their classmates. One boy in particular is incredibly quiet in class. I hardly ever hear him talk. However, on stage, he couldn't stop smiling and giggling at the antics of the Mad Hatter!

The older girls did a great job in the roles of the Mad Hatter, the White Queen, the Red Queen, and Alice. The Mad Hatter was a good combination of funny, dispistada (absent-minded), and frantic movement. The Red and White Queen played the roles of two squabbling sisters perfectly. Alice was very sweet and peaceful.

The kids obviously worked really hard on the play! I'm really glad that I got the chance to see this artistic side of them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment