Friday, May 11, 2012

So long, farewell, auf weidershen, adieu..." to Vienna

15 April 2012

"So long, farewell, auf weidershen, adieu..."

This morning as we were leaving the hostel to make our way to the train station, we started to sing this song from "The Sound of Music." I'm not sure if the passersby really appreciated it--though frankly-speaking I'm not sure how popular the musical is outside of the US.

Our train to get to Munich was a little bit complicated. We didn't really want to spend 80 euros on a ticket directly to Munich so a worker at the hostel gave us some advice for how to get from Vienna to Munich cheaper.

So we ended up taking the train from Vienna to Salzburg. Ideally, we would have hung out in Salzburg for a couple hours before catching the next train from Salzburg to Munich. However, it was pretty much pouring so it didn't seem worth it.

Salzburg looked absolutely beautiful. Some day I'd like to return there and enjoy it on a sunny day!

Once we arrived in Munich, it was still raining so we decided to eat something and hope that the rain stopped while we were eating. We ended up trying currywurst. It wasn't bad--though I wasn't a huge fan of it. I definitely like the bratwurst that we had in Prague more.

Since it was still raining, after lunch, we had a lazy day of relaxing. Sometimes when I travel, I forget that it's SUPPOSED to be a vacation, and I do get to rest sometimes. So today was a good day to recuperate a little and get ready for the next experience--Dachau.

No comments:

Post a Comment