Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Friday

7 April 2012

A picture is worth a thousand words. I'll let some pictures and video of today's processions speak for themselves.


A picture from the first procession I saw that day... Also, the only one during the day on Good Friday. Incidentally, while watching the procession, I realized that one of the costaleros (platform carriers) works at my school!

Video of the first procession of the day.






The poor band members don't get enough appreciation for the work that they do! I saw a number of them with bandages all over their hands from playing for hours.

Video of the second procession of the day.







Here the nazarenos line up in front of the Cathedral of St Nicolás as they await the arrival of the paso.


Here's the paso on its way into the church...

Video of the third procession of the day. This was the teenager paso. Poor kids! They look so tired!




Here is the paso of the 4th procession I saw that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment