Monday, January 16, 2012

Hair cut

9 Jan 2012

Today, I FINALLY couldn't stand it anymore, and I decided it was time to get a hair cut. This may not sound like anything terribly exciting, but I wanted to write about the experience.

Even though I speak Spanish pretty fluently, my Spanish education has been academically-focused--so I don't know a ton of words related to hair styles. So I was a little worried about going to get my hair cut and having the hairdresser misunderstand what I wanted.

I had visions of leaving the hair salon with half of my hair cut off! Or a mullet! Or dreads... All of which are "in" right now.

Thankfully, I had virtually no problems!

The hairdresser started by washing my hair and massaging my scalp. Very relaxing! Then, she put deep-conditioning treatment on my hair. This was great because Alicante's water is really hard on my hair.

Then, she started cutting my hair. My bangs didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but I'm going to try this out and see if I like it.

Lastly, she styled my hair. When I say "styled," she really spent some time making it look nice. She asked me what type of style I wanted, and I asked her for a recommendation for something that she could do. I ended up asking for a little bit of volume. I thought it would take a couple minutes and ya está, but she put in some large curls and made it look really nice.

All of this only cost me 26 euros!


No comments:

Post a Comment