Monday, October 3, 2011

Playa de San Juan! The good beach!

2 Oct. 2011

I'm going to keep this post rather short--mostly because I didn't really do anything exciting today. I ate lunch a little earlier than normal so that we could go to the PLAYA DE SAN JUAN!!!

This beach is a little further away and we needed to take the TRAM to get there. Unfortunately, we got to the TRAM platform just in time to see the train we wanted pull away. This is mostly unfortunate because TRAM trains only come every 30 minutes. However, basically all the TRAM trains go near the beach so we were able to catch another line 5 minutes later. After about 15-20 minutes on the TRAM, we made it to the Playa de San Juan (Beach of Saint John)!

This beach is arguably the best in the Alicante area. It's much bigger than the beach near my apartment and there are far fewer people there.


I was really able to relax at this beach. At Playa Postiguet (the beach by my apartment), I'm always a little worried that someone is going to try to steal my stuff because it's so touristy. Here, I actually fell asleep! The phone rang and I had to try to remember where I was! All in all, a good way to start the week... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment