Saturday, October 15, 2011

Anticipation for Halloween!

10 Oct 2011

Given that I missed two days of school last week because of various meetings, I decided to go to school for the morning--even though it's technically my day off. While at school, I got the chance to work with two 5th grade classes and help one of my teachers work on a Halloween bulletin board.

Even though Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays, I'm finding that I'm inordinately excited to celebrate it this year. I'm not entirely sure if this is because I'm representing the US here in Spain, and I feel like I need to get students excited about American culture. Or, if it has more to do with the fact that this is my second time out of the country for Halloween. It's possible that I'm just more sensitive to the fact that Halloween is so different here. I'll write more about that closer to Halloween.

After school, I went home to do my usual list of things for Mondays--running errands, cleaning, and the occasional waiting around in an office. My goal for today was to apply for my carnet joven (young person card). However, like most things here, I'm finding it difficult to find information about the office and its schedule online. When I went to the office after lunch, I unfortunately discovered that the office closes at 2 PM. So I'll have to wait on this until next Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment